Friday, March 11, 2005

See The Way out of the city!

So now I am free of the city and it’s madness - well free of the city, but I am in Palm Springs, so I can hardly say I am free of the madness. But this is old people madness, old people trying very hard to walk around with an air of importance, as they talk about getting 'tee' times and buying jewelry, and upcoming tennis matches.
What I wanted to get to though was that I am free of the city, and I really don’t feel like I took advantage of the opportunities while I was there. Mostly it seemed like I was in traffic, which I guess is truly the LA experience. But I met all sorts of interesting and ‘important’ people, but I didn’t pursue those connections, so now they are gone. Mostly I was just uncomfortable being in the city I think. I am really a small town boy. Born in the city, raised in the burbs, and now I reallly appreciate small towns. But some of the worst shit goes down in small towns, I think that happens when they are not open. When there paradigms are left unchecked, if you have a college, or other way to bring in new people, energy ideas and vitality, you’re set.
Anyways, somebody in LA decided they needed my windshield wiper more than I did, and now some old fart or fartess has crunched the back of my car while it was parked. I'm sad for my little car, I will have to find someone to give it some love soon...
Still on my way to Joshua Tree and the sun is going down...gotta go!
El Deano

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home