Monday, February 28, 2005

Elusive Sleep

“If you lived in your car, you’d be home by now” Bumbersticker in Arcata.

Kind of in a funk today, missing my friends back home, and my son. And my bed and pillows, especially after my last two nights camping, and last night on an air mattress at Julie’s. So I spent the morning working on the website, a couple of video clips for this journal, and getting contact info for future visits to communities. Then I went to the dunes on the coast and tried to nap. The surf was wonderful but the wind was too much to sleep. Then it started to pour. I went to the pool, and hung out in the jacuzzi outside in the rain, it was really nice, did my laundry, and then headed over to Julie's. The Marsh Commons is rather stylie. Nice townhouses in a row, next to a wetland. It was community dinner night (Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays) so we made dinner for 33 people. It was good to be able to contribute. Very different than other communities, no circle, residents and guests would just come in, get their food, and sit down. One of the children had a birthday, so everyone sang and had cake. And plenty of wine. Julie set me up with an inflatable mattress, and down comforter. It would have been really nice if wouldn’t have had a hole in it, and I wouldn’t have ended up on a cold wood floor in the middle of the night. I really wanted to keep heading south when I woke up this morning, but I haven’t even shot any footage yet. Maybe tomorrow ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home