Sunday, February 27, 2005

Video Reflection and Laura and Roberts

I just watched the no job video for the first time in long time. Man, I look beaten down. I’ve got to do an video of now, and see if you think I’ve come as far as I feel I have. The ‘slacker’ is gone, I am inspired, I am changing my life, and following my passion.
I am healthy, and mostly happy. If some peace surrounding my son (both in the quality of his life, and his mothers’ abusive style) can be found, I’ll be feeling pretty good about things.
I just edited two videos from less than a month ago, that will give some feedback on this, I’ll have them up in the next couple of days...

On to Laura and Robert's, as promised...

Another community. This one is just a mother and her house. And her children, and her partner, and her brother, and her childrens’ friends that are having problems at home. Seems like the recipe for disaster doesn’t it? But she, and they have got it down. Everyone does their part, or atleast pitches in, and Laura has an amazing amount of energy.
More delicious food, chili, free range weiners, weiners no food matches it for garunteeing a few laughs during meals, some Thievery Corporation and other good music, decent wine, and more great conversation about community and healing our country and the world. Robert gets out his haling essential oils, silver, and salves. And almost immediately my infected finger, and I are feeling better.

So it is now bed time, I go out to the former garage, that now has a couple of lofts with open walls. One of Laura’s teenage sons is listening to aggressive music, and talking on the phone. This doesn’t sound good, sleep may be a challenge. His phone conversation is somewhat animated, typical teenage talk and posturing. I ask, who it is (I am not yet sure) and he tells me his name, and I know it’s one of Laura’s sons. He asks if I am going to sleep and if he wants me to turn down the music. This is all said in a completely compassionate voice, his energy has completely changed. He puts on much mellower music. He is not a typical teenager, he is a chameleon. Able to be compassionate and communicative, as his subculture has modeled, and yet show another side to world that is not so kind, and suggests other behaviors, if one wants to enjoy its fruits.

Day Two “I don’t want the world, I just want your half” (from Ana Ng, a line that always makes me think of my sons mom when I hear it)
So a rough day, I’ve still got some brutal stuff to deal with, I won’t weigh you down witht the gruesome details, just trying to keep my sons mom from inhibiting our ability to see each other, and from taking more money from me than I can make. Thankfully I was in a healthy, supportive environment, with a fax machine, I thought I might have to drive back home to deal with this, but I guess not.
More good food, conversation, music and healing...

Today I’ll be leaving Eugene, here’s the email I sent Laura about leaving her amazing community...
Laura as I was leaving today, carrying my two jars of sprouts, an image grew in my brain of sprouts sprouting all over my body, and then plants and then birds and animals, it was really quite amazing. I really think you and Robert have found community already. The openess and warmth of the community in your house are quite something, I know it may not be what you have envisioned, but I think you should revel in waht you have, while staying open for whatever may come, as it seems you are. Thank you and Robert again for the wonderful conversations, the warm protected places to sleep, the amazing food, and the healing!
Dean

Example

If you scroll down, the pic of cob computer in the sun is now up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home