Sunday, March 13, 2005

Joshua Tree

The Lost Campsight ...
Example

So my camping insanity continues. I have yet to have a 'normal' night of camping. The night I got to Joshua Tree, all the campsites in the park were full, and most of the motels in the area too, but eventually I ended up at the sands motel, woohoo. The next day, I got a back country permit, and set up the amazing site (above), but when I went to find it after dark, I spent nearly 2 hours wandering around in the desert, and couldn't find it, but did have some amazing connections with the universe (I was reminded of the intensity of the stars in the desert, and the insignificance of us) and all the critters rustling about. When I stumbled back to my car, I ran into three girls on spring break I had met earlier (all beautiful, each in their unique way, and one was brilliantly, and disturbingly, funny), and they invited me into their tent, and to share their three bottles of wine. It wasn't the experience I expecting (solitude, nature, belly gazing) but it was an experience anyway. I found my campsite this morning, we'll see what happens tonight...

Reflecting on LA - I think I thought I would find something there, some kind of clear answer about this project, maybe someone wanting to put sustainability on TV I don't know. But I don't think I wanted any of the answers LA has to offer. It's a massive city full of millions of people expecting something from being there, and getting shit on instead. It is amazing being here in this strange alien nature after being in a megatropolis like LA...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home