Monday, February 21, 2005

Day one part two

I was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable with all the attention I was getting from partly and completely undressed men, and why were there only men? I walked across a wonderful bridge that crosses the river that runs through the area to the community village. As I came onto the other side, there was a group of women soaking in a spring, one of them said ’he certainly doesn’t look gay’ hmmm, I was really becoming perplexed. As I reached the end of the bridge their was a sign “Feb 17-21 Radical Faeries, men only in guest springs.” It all came together, why they hadn’t responded to my last email confirming my arrival this weekend, all the attention I was getting from the all male guests. By now I was completely sleep deprived and starving, and knew I didn’t belong there, at that time. So I headed back down the hill, got in my car and headed for Eugene. I fell hard asleep three times while driving, despite blaring music, open windows, and not emptying my bursting bladder. But the universe was watching over me, and brought me back to consciousness each time. I should of just found a rundown mountain motel and slept, instead endangering myself and others. If I would have been awake enough to think clearly, that is what I would have done. As it was I rolled into Springfield and Eugene, where all my fortunes would soon change for the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home