Friday, October 21, 2005

Rachel Corrie's Letters


Rachel Carrie is a hero in my home town. I didn't know her well, but she was a bright light here, working and sacrificing to make the world a better place. Unfortunately she made the greatest sacrifice in 2003, from one of many websites dedicated to her:
...23-year-old American human rights worker Rachel Corrie was crushed to death by an Israeli military bulldozer. She was trying to prevent the Israeli army from destroying the home of a physician and his family in the Gaza Strip, Palestine.

A collection of her inspiring and illuminating letters has been published, they are available for free by download, or can be purchased at IfAmericansKnew.org
or look for it at your local independent bookstore.
A short excerpt;
When I come back from Palestine, I probably will have nightmares and constantly feel guilty for not being here, but I can channel that into more work. Coming here is one of the better things I've ever done. So when I sound crazy, or if the Israeli military should break with their racist tendency not to injure white people, please pin the reason squarely on the fact that I am in the midst of a genocide which I am also indirectly supporting, and for which my government is largely responsible.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Supervisor admits to domestic violence
When Supervisor Frank Sieferman Jr. presented a resolution at Tuesday's Board of Supervisors meeting recognizing October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month, he made some forthright remarks.
Few people even scratch the surface, much less exhaust the contemplation of their own experience.

I have a Phone Sex site/blog. It pretty much covers Phone Sex and Adult related talk.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home